Tuesday, 17 May 2011

About Me

To start, I will admit, that by no means am I a writer.  I have decided to create this blog as a tool for myself to monitor my progress while doing the Insanity Fitness Program and as a tool for others to have support on their journey.

I am a 33 year old female who, I would say, is slightly above average on the fitness scale.  I am 5'2" tall and around 130 lbs (I'll confirm that later with my before photo and stats).  I live in a very active mountain town and partake in such activities as yoga, softball, running, mountain biking, hiking, cross country skiing, downhill skiing and snowshoeing.  My usual routine is around 3 days/week of cardio, lasting about an hour and 2 days a week of strength training, which is usually plyometrics.  My goal in the journey, is to take my fitness to the next level to help keep up with others doing the activities I love, to tone up and lose around 10 lbs.  I generally eat pretty healthy, eating lots of veggies and mostly whole foods.  Since I have a pretty clean diet, I will use the dietary plan only as a guideline for amount of calories consumed and spacing and sizing of meals.  I will be doing the program with my partner, a 30 year old male who does manual labour for a living.  I question his dedication and commitment to the program, but I am hoping we can motivate each other to "Dig Deep".

I plan to blog every day outlining my triumphs, failures and feelings.  I have shuffled the workouts slightly, around our softball schedule, using the days we play (usually once a week) as a day off.  We don't have time to walk our dog, play ball and workout on these days so they are now a scheduled day off.  We have not omitted any workouts, just shuffled the order slightly.

Well here we go...........

No comments:

Post a Comment