Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Day 29 - Fit Test & Max Interval Circuit - June 14, 2011

I began today's workout with measurements and the fit test.  Here are my results:

               May 17          May 30       June 14
Weight - 131 lbs             130.4         131.8
Bust -     33 3/4"            33 3/4"       34 1/2"
Waist -   32 1/2"            30 1/2"          29"
Hips -     39 1/4"            37 3/4        37 1/2"
Thighs -   23 3/4"              23"          22 1/2"

In summary, I am thrilled I gained wait! Not! But I do understand it.  I have definately accumulated a ton of muscle and until I get all of the fat burned off, that was likely to happen.  I also think its hilarious that my bust measurement went up by 3/4", perhaps measurer error or due to all of those pushups building my pecs?  I am happy with the reduction in the rest of the measurements and in total lost another 1 1/2".

After measurments, I did the fit test.  I felt strong, but was only able to increase reps minimally and actually went down in a couple of the exercises.  The program schedules a day off the day before performing the fit test, I wonder if the fact that I didn't have a day off, made a difference in the results?  My results are as follows:

                                       May 17             May 30       June 14
1. Switch Kicks -              104                   129              130
2. Power Jacks -                60                     62                63
3. Power Knees -               95                   110                97
4. Power Jumps -               42                     45                47
5. Globe Jumps -                12                     13                15
6, Suicide Jumps -              20                     22                20
7. Push-up Jacks -             10                     14                 13
8. Low Plank Oblique -      40                    50                 60

I switched from doing modified push-ups to regular push-ups which explains the decrease in push-up jacks.  I also think my form is better in some of the exercises, which may also contribute.

Next was the first double header on the fit test day.  And I will say that s#$#%t is insane.  The workout was absolutely nuts and I feel like I am back at square 1 again.  Its 60 min. long and super hard.  Constant cardio and power moves with short 30 sec breaks scattered throughout.  The other big difference is each exercise cycles for 45 sec instead of the 30 sec previously.  Wow, I am sure not looking forward to the second half at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment